2.27.2009

Breakfasts in Stone Island

Just last week, Lydia began offering breakfast three mornings a week in Stone Island to kids heading off to school. She wasn't sure what to expect, but there have been as many as 70 kids and 15 adults (helping) that have showed up each morning! Without this breakfast, nearly all of the kids would be going to school on empty stomachs with no money to buy a snack during their afternoon break either. Kids just can't learn like that. It's so cool to see the church meeting their needs and also to see how the moms are there to help out and take part in this ministry. It was such an awesome idea to do this and I really believe that it will make so much difference with these kids and the community. How exciting!

1 comments:

Kyle said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know that we're praying for your surgery today. You're probably just now at the hospital I imagine. May the Lord be with you...God, that your perfect love would drive away all fear. I know it's probably scary having to have this surgery, but Ellen, Don, and I are praying for you. In fact, Don and I are getting ready to go take a walk...we'll pray for you more as we walk. Get well soon!