3.04.2009

THEY'RE HERE!!!

At last, the team from Elgin Vineyard is here! My mom came a couple of days early to spend time with me, which was so so nice. We didn't do too much though because I was recovering from my nose surgery that I had on Saturday. Anyway, it was really nice having her meet the family I'm living with, take naps with me, hear stories of home, and I did get to take her and show her the church and we went out for lunch... then we came home and took another nap :-). We had a great time and I laughed a lot, which wasn't good because my face is still kinda puffy and tight and it hurts to smile too big. But, oh well, it was just nice to be with her. Lolita and Dave were amazing hosts, too and it was so great to have my two families combine for a couple of days!
Today, the rest of the team arrived and it was so exciting getting to see everyone! It still feels surreal that they're all here and yet so comfortable at the same time. I gave my dad the bigggest hug and it was hard to let go! It's been 4 months since seeing everyone! I'm so excited to see what God is going to do through them this week and I know they can't wait, either!

1 comments:

DaveOli said...

Yay for Elgin Vineyard - I vaguely recall many great people there.