The day with the Elgin Vineyard was really great today. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go with them because of my recovering nose, but I did get to hear about it!
They went out to Stone Island in the morning. The men worked on some needed construction projects and the women spent lots of time being with the children- face painting, games, and all sorts of good stuff. Michelle cut hair for 16 people! Wow! I'm so impressed! They all said that it was a really great time. They also got to go visit Maggie's house and pray with her. She's a very strong believer, but she's grounded at home from Muscular Dystrophy. It's very sad, really, but she is very strong through it all. Anyway, everyone really loved that part.
Then, this evening, I got to go with everyone to Valles - one of the other satellite Vina churches. There, we traced the footprints of about 80 children to measure their sizes so they can get new shoes through the Footprints program. It's really an amazing program for these kids. i think probably somewhere around 500 kids get shoes from the program. It was really nice to be a part of it!
After all the sweat and hard work, we went and had some delicious tacos at Tacos del Trompo and then everyone went for a dip in the swimming pool. It was a great day!
3.05.2009
Team Elgin Vineyard - Day 1
Posted by aubsblog at 11:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'd love to hear how you think the rest of the trip went with the Elgin team....:) ><>
Post a Comment