3.30.2009

Transitions

This week is going to be the last week of me teaching English. I had to tell my students the news on Friday, which was tough. As I was telling them, it really began to hit me how significant the classes have been - not just because they're learning English, but because they've really become some great friends. We've gotten to spend quite a bit of quality time together in the classroom and I've also gotten to do some things outside of class with them. It's been really special, so it's sad to see a good thing coming to an end, but I have to start preparing for the next chapter. I hope that I can continue the relationships I've started with them.

The next month or so is going to be busy. Two weekends in a row I will be going to conferences - A worship conference with the church and then later a youth conference. Then, I will be coming home for two weeks or so! (April 28 to sometime in mid- May). I also have to start preparing for the internship program this summer where I'll be a mentor for the teen interns coming in to serve for a few weeks. I'm excited about it, but there's a lot I need to learn and do in the next couple weeks/months!

Some of the things I'm thinking of doing for the interns is preparing some sort of devotional/journal for them. I want to really challenge them to be spending time with God. I've realized very much how a lack of that can really steal the purpose of your ministry... it starts to become just "doing" and take away the focus on sharing Christ. So, I'll probably put together something with a daily reading, some questions, and then a section for journaling. I think it will be good for them. I've also got to plan some times of joint worship/sharing and some of their daily schedules/responsibilities... lots of stuff! Please pray for me as I prepare.

I'm really looking forward to my trip home. I'm trying to make a list of all the people, things, places, foods, etc. I miss and some other things I need to do. I think those 2 weeks will go by super fast, so I want to make sure I don't miss anything important... especially spending time with family... and Giordano's pizza... mmm!

Elgin, here I come!

1 comments:

Terra said...

I just want ONE afternoon of your time (you know, during the day when most everyone else is at work)...I'll even take the time off work to make sure that I can get a few hours of quality time with you...and I still need to treat you to Grahams Ice cream!