On Friday, after English Class, I got to hang out with Kyle and Ellen and I had just the best time! I feel like I'm still full from it. We first went and hiked up to the top of El Faro (the ligthhouse) in Mazatlan. It was right at sunset, and was just beautiful getting to look out over the vast wide sea, and also the entire city of Mazatlan and the mountains behind it. We also got to watch the hot orange sun slip away into the ocean, quite quickly actually! Some people had told us that right at the last second, the tip of the sun turns into a bit of a green flash... and we did see it! It's kinda gross to think that the green flash is probably a result of polution, but hey it was fun to see.
After that, we went and picked up some PIZZA from Dominoes! Mmmm... I had been craving American pizza for about 2 weeks, and Dominoe's just hit the spot. It was delicious. I totally over ate and enjoyed every minute of it.
Ellen's family who was here last week left a couple of days before their time share ended, so they let us stay in their hotel room for the night. It felt sooo good to take a hot shower with strong water pressure and the special soaps and shampoos they had. We also watched some of Groundhog's day - one of my favorite movies!
Mostly, it was just so great getting to be with some really fun people, talk about life, laugh, and enjoy life together! I'm so so grateful for these great friends!
3.30.2009
Grateful
Posted by aubsblog at 12:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awwww, thanks! We had a great time, too. :)
BTW, the green flash isn't pollution. The blue spectrum of light has a shorter wave length than the red that comes from the sun, so you can see the blue just a fraction of a second longer than the red. But conditions have to be perfect and totally flat to see it, so that's why it's kind of rare. I first learned about it in an astronomy course. :)
oh! ok good. i'm glad it's not because of pollution.
aubree
Post a Comment