2.26.2009

Change of Face...

This past weekend was a really incredible and refreshing weekend. We had a conference at the church with several guest speakers and some pretty amazing worship. Many people were deeply touched and challenged including myself. Even though the whole weekend was completely in Spanish, I found myself entering a new level of comprehension that was so exciting to me. I was able to understand about 50% of a couple of the sermons - enough to actually understand the gist of what he was talking about! Since that weekend, I can tell my comprehension level has taken a new leap. It´s so exciting to be at this new place.

At the conference, on Saturday, there was a time of sports on the beach. It was a beatiful 80 degrees outside with a fresh cool breeze blowing off the ocean. I was so excited to be playing soccer with my friends. I haven't really played much sports since I've been here and I've missed it so much. I'm not the greatest soccer player, but getting to run around feeling the sand squish between my toes and laughing with friends was so refreshing. Trying to play agressively, I ran up to my friend on the othe team to get the ball away from him. I was looking down at the ball and ran in for a kick when... SMACK! Our heads collided and I felt like a million pounds had fallen right on my nose. To my horror, I felt for my nose and it felt a little different than before. I pushed it a bit more to my right and heard a couple crunching sounds. People standing next to me heard them too. There wasn't any blood and I really only teared up a little bit, but I'm pretty sure that I broke my nose. It points just slightly to the right side of my face and now I've got a bit of a black eye, too! There go my good looks!

I didn't go to the doctor because I was scared about it. I should have though because I found out later that they can really only set it within the first 24 hours. So now, if it needs to get fixed, someone probably has to re break it... AAAAAHHHHHH! I will probably at least get it checked out sometime soon just to get an opinion. If the do think it needs to be fixed, I think I'm going to wait until I'm back in the states.

Anyway, I hope you guys will recognize me when I come back now that I've got a bit of a different face!

0 comments: