The past couple of weeks have been so exciting for me in my English classes. Two of the girls that are teenagers have started coming to Youth Group with me on Saturdays and they've even brought a friend. They really enjoy it and I really hope that they will continue to come and come to believe in Jesus.
Also, a couple of weeks ago while I was teaching, Kyle was in the other room quietly playing some worship songs during class. At the end of my class, one of my students asked me, "What religion are you?". When I replied that I was Christian, she got really excited and exclaimed, "I love that religion!". She told me that she had visited a Christian church while she was in New Mexico and really loved it. I asked her what her religion was and she explained that she was Catholic but wasn't going to church. I got to tell her about some of the ALFA classes (basically, Christianity 101) and Bible Studies that Kyle and Ellen were doing at the church there. She seemed really interested. I also found out that she's learning how to cut hair and so I got my hair cut by her about a week ago. It's been really amazing getting to build a relationship with her and see that she's very interested in attending some of the Bible classes. Please pray for more opportunities to share with her!
Besides helping these students learn how to speak English and better their lives, the purpose of these classes was to build relationshps and lead people to Christ. It's very exciting to see that after 11 weeks of teaching, there are relationships being formed and the students are beginning to be interested in more spiritual things. This is what I've come here for! Praise God!
2.27.2009
First signs of fruit
Posted by aubsblog at 12:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment