Today was one of those days where nothing seemed to go well...
1. I woke up with a very hoarse voice, thanks to my cold that won't seem to leave.
2. I also woke up with this annoying muscle cramp in my neck that makes me feel like someone's pressing on my neck all day. I usually get it when I'm stressed out, only this time I can't figure out what I'm stressed out about. Once I have the muscle cramp though, it gives me something to stress out about because it's so annoying.
3. Then at Stone Island I ended up having to carry my guitar for an extra long time before we could drop it off at the church. We got stuck behind a walking funeral procession, so I had to walk extra slow for about a half-mile with the guitar getting heavier and heavier every second. I guess it was interesting to see a real Mexican funeral. Kinda sad though.
4. At lunch, when we were eating at our usual spot (a local family-owned taco joint) school got out and about four kids came over to chat. That was nice, but the awful part was the awkwardness of eating in front of them. Here were some sweet, poor kids watching us down two quesadillas a piece, which both cost probably more than the food they eat in one day. I felt like the worst Christian. It's not that we don't want to feed them. Nearly every time I'm out there we treat a handful of kids to some tacos. There's just a fine balance where you don't want to enable them to just depend on us all the time. We ended up getting them something anyway just because I couldn't stand it. I still don't really know if we handled it the right way, so I still kinda feel a bit like a bad Christian.
5. Next, we went over to Maggie's (has Muscular Dystrophy) for Bible Study and prayer and I nearly dozed off a couple times. I always have trouble staying awake because it's about an hour's worth of pure Spanish right after lunch. It's a great thing, but just a real test of will power for me!
6. Then, while I was still struggling to keep my eyelids open, we went over to the church to get ready for the other Bible Study and kids' class. Some of the helpers started coming, and I could hardly even find the strength to say hello... I was just that tired (and sick).
7. Then, I messed up a bunch playing the guitar for worship for the women's Bible Study and my voice cracked several times because it's hoarse and has a muscle cramp. And then, when I went out to help lead songs with the kids, I couldn't even get them into it. And I was so exhausted and not feeling good, so I just stopped after only two songs.
Oh what a day! It's one of those days where I just feel like I failed so much, I'm exhausted, and all I want to do is shut down. But I also know that part of it was just because I wasn't feeling well, and I guess I have to give myself grace for that. Before I started this internship I knew these days would come and that I just gotta get back up and press on. After letting it all out and the nice phone call I had with my parents, I feel a bit better and have some new hope for a new day. I also have to trust that even though today wasn't a success in my book, God was doing something anyway.
2.05.2009
Sigh...
Posted by aubsblog at 6:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your day...stinks! However, I'm really glad to hear that you had a good talk with your parents to kind of end the day. Get some good sleep tonight so that you'll feel rested for tomorrow. You're right, these days come...sigh...
awww, wish normie and i could whisk you away, drive to the dunes, play on the beach, watch the sunset, laugh at ourselves, buy some weird chocolates and blueberry wine, eat dinner and drive and talk and laugh and talk some more. alls i know is, it sure did this 2.5 mom some good on my bad day. missing you... mama
Yes, February 05 2009 was a big success in your book. I hope you are feeling better.
"My friends, do not be surprised at the terrible trouble which now comes to test you. Do not think that something strange is happening to you. But be happy that you are sharing in Christ's sufferings so that you will be happy and full of joy when Christ comes again in glory." I Peter 4:12-13.
"...and when you finish the whole fight you will be standing." Ephesians 6:13
Be strong and courageous, my friend.
You are being prepared for what God has prepared for you. These are the kind of challenges (troubles) that are molding you and will make you grow stonger and mature.
It's beautiful to see that you can be human enough to face tough days, make tough decisions and yet continue praising the Lord. What an example you are giving to us! Thank you!
I am so proud of you!!!
I'll be praying for you.
You probably don't remember me. We met last year in an ITeams retreat.
no new updates in 10 days...sigh...
This is JENELL (not carol)
Wow what a day! You are such agood writer though - and your honesty was refreshing!!! (and a bit amusing at some points I have to say). But I was wondering - don't you take - can't you take sick days? You need to take care of you and get better so you can be there to take care of others, right?
Thanks for sharing on here. I want to catch up b/c I haven't read in a while. But have been thinking about you and miss you! Glad we can share in your journey with you this way. Love you!
Love ya girl. I'm praying for you too. It was really good to talk to you the other day!
By the way, this is Jason
Post a Comment