12.01.2008

SURFING! YEAH!

Mondays are my days off down here, and Megan and I are using the day to try and pick up some surfing! We went last Monday and then again today. It's hard! It takes a long time to get the surf board out deep enough, and then a big wave always seems to come and take it way back to shore again and fill my nose and mouth with burning salt water. Arrrgh.... so frustrating. I have gotten up (standing) a handful of times, but that's in a total of 6 hours of trying. I think I decided that I love surfing, but I just hate waves... haha :). It's mostly just fun to be out on the beach doing something different. Plus, where we go, there's a coffee house run by some missionaries and it's full of other missionary kids all around my age. They're all really nice. You can tell who's a surfer and who's not. The surfers all talk kinda slow and seem super relaxed - just how you'd imagine a surfer to be, I guess. Maybe when I come back, I'll be talking slower, too! I think the best part of Mondays is just getting to hang out with Megan all day. She is an amazing person. I can't believe God gave me someone so perfect to come along with me in this journey. It's gonna be SO hard to say goodbye to her in just a month when she goes back home to Virginia Beach. Better not think about it too much!
Later dudes

0 comments: