The first two weeks I went surfing I broke my toe, had the surfboard slam really hard into my kidney (it hurt for a week!) and got multiple other bruises all over the place... with only a handful of successful stand-ups on the board. I started thinking that maybe I love surfing, but I just hate waves and surfboards... So, I decided to back off a bit and stick with boogie boarding while Megan remained the toughie and continued learning to surf week after week. My first day with the boogie board was a bit of a struggle, but towards the end of the day I could tell I was starting to really get it. This last Monday, I actually started getting bored with the boogie board because it was becoming so easy. So I took a huge step and rented a surfboard again! And, for the first time, I didn't get hurt (much) and I even got up a couple of times! I think I'm finally getting the hang of it and I'm so excited to go back out and try it again!
Throughout these past few weeks, surfing hasn't been the only thing I've gotten discouraged with. Some days it seems like everything is an uphill battle and it's easy for me to just want to quit trying. But, my small victory this past Monday gave me a new ember of hope in my spirit that with God's help I can persevere. I think maybe that's one of the things God wants to show me while I'm here.
12.24.2008
Perseverance
Posted by aubsblog at 1:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I didn't know you actually broke your toe!?!
We tried to boogie board at Stone Island on Monday, but they waves were too small...
Post a Comment