11.14.2008

PICTURES!!!! FINALLY!!!

I haven't posted many pictures yet, because since I've been here my camera has hardly worked at all. Instead of pictures, I get purple streaks. It kinda stinks, cuz there's so many cool things I've wanted to share with you! The good news is, I just found out today that I can get it fixed for free! Basically, this problem is due to a faulty unit in the camera and Canon has made a general statement that anyone can send their camera in and get it fixed for free, even if the camera is no longer under warranty! Hallelujah! I was a little worried that I'd have to invest a couple hundred in a new one, so this is great news!

Anyway, here's some pics of my new home and family that I took with my roommate's camera...

MI FAMILIA

My roommate and best friend down here, Megan. Isn't she beautiful? She's pretty beautiful on the inside, too... I feel super blessed having her as my friend! We get a long really well!

My Mexican mom and dad - Dave and Lolita. They are awesome "parents" to have! They are both really easy to talk to and we have lots of fun together. Dave is the head pastor of the church and Lolita works full time in one of the communities. I really admire them and look forward to continually learning about missions and also lots of Espanol.

My new little sister - Sarahi ("Sarah"). She's full of spunk! Her favorite movie is High School Musical 3 and she LOVES Nick Jonas from the Jonas Brothers... reminds me of the girls in youth group! I've been teaching her a few chords on the guitar, which has been fun.

This is Ana, my other little sister... the "toothless wonder" they call her. She's missing about 5 teeth right now! She's incredibly cute. I love hearing her try to speak English with her Mexican accent. It's so adorable. She's a very sweet girl and we play "A Pascar" (Go Fish) a lot.

MI CASA

This is where I live!

The office, when you first walk in the door.

The hallway to the living/dining room.

The living room.

The dining room.

The kitchen.

My bedroom and beautiful roommate... actually, this picture is old! We just rearranged our bedroom last night and maybe we'll paint it soon, too.

El bano.

More to come....

0 comments: